This avocado cilantro lime chicken salad is perfect to make in bulk on your prep day and then use throughout the week for meals.
Quick and easy to put together and very versatile.
Prep – 30 m
Ready In – 2 h 30 m
- Salad Organic Mixed baby Greens
- ⅔ cup dried whole wheat or regular orzo pasta
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup snipped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 small avocado, seeded, peeled, and cut up
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- To prepare salad: In a medium saucepan, cook orzo according to package directions, adding corn during the last 1 minute of cooking; drain.
- Rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain well. In a large bowl, combine orzo mixture, chicken, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing: In a blender or food processor, combine 1 small avocado, seeded, peeled, and cut up; ⅓ cup water; ½ teaspoon finely shredded lime peel; ¼ cup lime juice; 4 cloves garlic, minced; ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper; and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cover and blend or process until smooth.
- Transfer dressing to a small bowl. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- To serve, drizzle salad with dressing.
To make ahead
Prepare salad and dressing as directed and refrigerate in separate airtight containers for up to 24 hours. Toss salad with dressing just before serving.
To pack for lunch
Prepare salad and dressing as directed. After chilling, spoon 1 cup of the salad into an airtight container; cover. Spoon ¼ cup of the dressing into a small airtight container; cover.
Transport salad and dressing in an insulated lunch box with ice packs and hold for up to 5 hours. To serve, drizzle salad with dressing.