This will be a delicious addition to your weekly diet or meal plan! This classic hamburger can be enjoyed with either chip or wedges.
Produces- 4 Burgers
45 mins preparation and cooking time!.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 pound lean (90% or leaner) ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce or steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 sesame-seed or other hamburger buns, toasted
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 leaves green-leaf lettuce
- Preheat grill to medium-high (or see Stovetop Variation).
- Combine onion, oil and 1 tablespoon ketchup in a medium saucepan.
- Cover and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the onion is softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft, 5 to 8 minutes more.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon ketchup, mayonnaise, relish and vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add beef, Worcestershire (or steak sauce) and pepper to the onion and gently combine without over mixing. Form into 4 patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Oil the grill rack. Grill the burgers, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 165°F, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Assemble the burgers on toasted buns with the ketchup-mayonnaise sauce, tomato slices and lettuce.
Per serving: 375 calories| 16 g fat (5 g sat, 7 g mono)|71 mg cholesterol|31 g carbohydrates| 4 g added sugars|27 g protein| 2 g fiber.