This is you’re first HIIT workout of the program so you will have to give this everything you have its a active rest day so this will be the only thing you do on this day.
Use these tips:
- Warm up 5 mins on the treadmill or 1 – 2 warm up sets of the first exercise to save injury.
- Use the correct form! Watch the video above to learn each exercise or click on each exercise below!
- After 4 weeks move on to the intermediate HIIT workout program.
20 Min HIIT Workout Info:
- Warm-Up: 5 minutes, slowly increase speed to a working rate of 50 % max effort
- Use a ratio of 1:2 … Work time : Recovery Time
Cardio: 25 minutes
Repeat, adding 5 sec. work and 10 sec. recovery to each spurt
e.g., 20 sec. work, 40 sec. recovery
Reach 60 sec. work, 120 sec. recovery, then go back down
e.g., 55 sec. work, 110 sec. recovery
Reach 15 sec. work, 30 sec. recovery, then go back up
Repeat cycle for a total of 25 minutes.
Cool-Down: 5 minutes, slowly decrease speed each minute to lower heart rate