1. More Exercise
Successfully losing weight depends heavily on an easy diet and plenty of cardio exercise. You want to aim for at least 30 to 45 minutes of cardio exercise daily.
Brisk walking or cycling helps you lose fat on your entire body, including your face.
The more muscle you have, the more energy your body demands and the more efficient it is at burning calories.
This aids in fat loss, including the fat in your face.
If you decide to exercise outside, don’t forget to wear plenty of sunscreens!
Sunscreen protects your face from sun damage that prematurely ages your skin by breaking down essential proteins that keep it young and supple.
2. The Amazing Power of Antioxidants
Facial fat is often the result of the skin’s inability to produce collagen and elastin to keep the skin supple and smooth.
Over time, toxins build up around the skin cells, cutting off their supply of vital nutrients and oxygen.
A good antioxidant regimen would cleanse those toxins away from collagen producing skin cells, enabling your skin to heal itself.
Some antioxidants also have anti-inflammatory properties as well which can further reduce swelling which appears to be facial fat.
3. Eat Less Salt And Sugar
Excessive intake of salt and sugar causes your body to retain water. This causes the bloating that may be contributing to the appearance of face fat.
Many people ask what does sugar do to your body? It’s an important question to ask…
Avoid foods that are loaded with salt and sugar, like pizzas, baked goods, and processed foods.
Raw foods like fresh fruits and veggies naturally have low sodium and are made mainly of water.
They also have vitamins and nutrients that contribute to overall fat loss and, thus, the loss of face fat.
4. Drink Plenty Of Water
Drinking water has a host of benefits, including suppressed appetite, decreased bloating, healthier looking skin and increased metabolism.
All of these things will help contribute to losing face fat and decreasing bloating that increases the appearance of face fat.
You can also learn how to how to lose water weight fast.
Drink the recommended eight glasses of water a day to avoid dehydration and water retention.
You can also give your body a boost of nutrients by adding fruits, veggies and herbs to your glass of water.
5. Change Your Diet
Your diet is likely the most important factor when it comes to losing face fat. As you know, there are good fats (unsaturated fats) and bad fats (trans and saturated fats) for your body.
Avoid the bad fats!
These foods are naturally high in omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential in maintaining a healthy body and a fast metabolism.
You also want to eat plenty of fruits, veggies, and whole grains, which promote face fat loss and a healthier complexion.
The final quarter of your meal should be foods high in lean protein, such as eggs, white meat or fish.
6. Lose Overall Body Weight
As we said, you can’t pinpoint where your body removes fat to use as energy.
But by losing weight overall, you’ll thin out your entire body – including your face.
The key to losing overall body weight is creating a calorie deficit, this will help you get rid of love handles & lower belly fat.
You can use an online calorie calculator.
This will give you a recommended calorie count based on your fitness goals, gender, age, workout routine and body type.
It is possible to lose 5 pounds in a week safely.
But don’t go overboard on cutting calories!
Too little calories (below 1,200 for an average woman and 1,800 for an average man) will decrease your metabolism, make it harder for you to gain muscle and result in nutritional deficiencies.
It can also result in extreme hunger.
This will make you more apt to cheat with unhealthy foods or give up on your goals entirely.
7. Drink Less Alcohol
While they’re okay to drink in moderation, hard liquor, beer and wine dehydrate your body and deprive it of essential vitamins and nutrients.
Alcohol has hidden calories that contribute to overall weight gain, including to your face. It can also make your face appear bloated and puffy.
It’s important to look into how does alcohol affect the body.
Cutting back on how much you drink can prevent this bloating and make your face look thinner.
When you do drink alcohol, be sure to drink plenty of water to avoid getting dehydrated.
8. Get Plenty Of Sleep
Believe it or not, not getting enough sleep can seriously hinder your weight loss efforts.
When you sleep, your body regenerates to keep your bodily systems strong and your chemical balances in check.
Getting plenty of sleep also ensures you are not sleep deprived, which can lead to unhealthy diet habits, temptation to skip workouts due to fatigue and even mental underperformance.
Does Sleep Affect Muscle Growth, the simple answer is yes.
Studies show that when you are sleep deprived, your brain searches for something to make you feel good, making it hard to resist unhealthy cravings.
You’re also more likely to snack late at night and eat larger portions in general, which contributes to weight gain.
And because you are sleep deprived, your body craves high carb, energy-dense foods, hindering your face fat loss efforts that much further.
9. Do Facial Exercises
As silly as it may sound, doing facial exercises to strengthen the muscles in your face can help you lose excess face fat and smooth skin to give you a younger-looking appearance.
There are a number of exercises you can practice daily or weekly to help you lose face fat.
What follows are some of the better known facial exercises that may help you to improve your appearance.
Exercises To Reduce Face Fat Fast:
1. Chin Lifts
- This technique assists in stretching and working out jaw, throat and neck which encircle the face.
- Begin by lifting your head up towards the ceiling
- Keep the eyes fixated on the ceiling and lips tight
- Hold it in position for 10 seconds and then relax
- Continue these steps for 10 times for losing the double chin.
2. Lower Jawline Push
- Try this technique for the youthful look by lifting the cheekbones and drawing the jaw line.
- By pushing the lower jaw outwards, lift the lower lip upwards
- This will initiate a pull in the chin muscles and jawline
- Hold this posture for approximately 15 seconds and relax
- Follow the regime 10 times consequently for effective face fat reduction
3. Fish Face
- Tone the cheek muscles and learn how to lose the face fat by stretching the muscles
- Make a fish face by pulling in the cheeks and lips
- Now try to smile in this posture and feel the strain in the cheeks and jaw
- Hold this look for 5 seconds and repeat it atleast 10 times
4. Blow Air
- This is an exercise that helps to reduce face fat by tapering the neckline, face and jawline very precisely.
- For this technique, you need to position yourself on a chair with your spine held straight.
- Lean back your head till you are facing the ceiling
- Draw air into your mouth and blow it off gently
- Continue doing this for about 10 times to get the result you desire.
5. Shut Eyes Tight
- Squeeze your eyes shut majorly with the help of the cheek muscles.
- Feel the strain and tightening of the face muscles
- Hold this clenching of eyes for 10 seconds and relax
- Repeat this exercise atleast 5 times a day and burn the face fat.
6. Use Your Check Muscles
- Breath in deeply and close your mouth
- Now use your cheek muscles and shift the air from right side to left side and vice versa
- Repeat this step till you can hold your breath, say 20 times
- Now take a break, breathe out and again fill your mouth with air and repeat the exercise 10 more times
- This is one of the best way to lose face fat.
7. Wide Open Your Mouth
- Wide open your mouth as much as you can and hold this posture for 1-2 minutes
- Now close your mouth to relax the jaw
- Repeat this face weight loss exercises for around 20 times in a day
8. Spell “X” And “O”
- Learn how to reduce fat cheeks by spelling a couple of letters.
- Try saying the letters X and O as many times as you can, at a single stretch
- Now alternate the alphabets i.e. O and then X and then repeat saying it for over a minute
- As you spell X and O, these letters help stretch our cheek muscles, thereby giving us a good facial exercise and obtaining a sculpted face
9. Stretch The Skin Over The Cheek Bones
- Here is a tip on how to decrease face fat by using the fingers
- Start by using your middle finger and index finger, stretch the skin over the cheek bone in an upward direction towards your eyes
- Now open your mouth and form an oval shape
- Maintain this posture for around 20 seconds and then release your fingers
- Repeat this step for over 10 times
10. Create A Joker Face
- Wondering how to lose face fat fast? Here is a useful exercise.
- Just as jokers make facial expressions you’ll also have to create a same face by using your thumbs and index fingers
- Place your index fingers on the outer edge of both the eyes and thumbs on both sides of your mouth
- Now stretch your fingers upwards so that facial skin is stretched in the same direction
- Keep stretching until you feel some strain on your cheek bones
- Repeat this facial exercise for 20 times
11. Chewing Air Exercise
- The simplest form of facial exercise is chewing the air. If you are uncomfortable doing this, opt for a sugar-free chewing gum
- The chewing of the gum activates all the facial muscles and helps slim down the face fat
- Repeat this twice a day for about 20 minutes each time
12. Rotating Tongue Exercise
- Are you struggling to lose the chubby cheeks which are making you look plump? Then you have hit the right spot
- Keep your mouth closed and roll your tongue
- Let the tongue touch the outer points of the lower and upper teeth.
- Continue to do so for 15 minutes in both clock wise and anti-clock wise direction.
13. Facial Twist Exercise
- Keep your mouth closed and twist your lips to the right side of the face
- Feel the strain in the left part of the face
- Similarly twist your lips on the other side and let the muscles burn the facial fat
- Space out this regime in your routine and repeat this exercise 5-6 times a day
14. Rolling Neck
- Neck rotation often helps in relieving stress and promoting sleep
- It also assists in tightening of the skin near the neckline, jaw and chin
- Tilt your head to one side letting the chin touch the chest.
- Now roll the head in a circular motion slowly keeping the spine straight and shoulders down
- Repeat this regime both in clock wise and anti-clock wise motion for 4 minutes.