Muscle Groups worked:
This is a great exercise if you want to achieve the “pump” it is perfect if your a Intermediate or even an expert.
It is a fantastic exercise if your trying to gain strength and is also a great isolation exercise!
Doing a pull day? This exercise is perfect for you!
Concentration Curls targets the bicep area of you’re arm, this is a famous exercise that was created and named by the great arnold.
- The concentration curl is an awesome exercise for isolating the biceps! Grab the dumbbell you want to use with your left arm and sit on the end of a bench.
- Position your feet at slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- Place the back of your upper left arm on the inside of your left thigh.
- Put your right hand on your right knee for support. You will use your left thigh as a back rest throughout the movement.
- Start the exercise with your arm fully extended and slowly curl the dumbbell up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the bicep hard, and then slowly lower it back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat the same for your right arm.
Concentration Curls Tips:
As a general rule you should always work your weakest side first. This is why most people would do the left arm first.
Keep your entire body fixed throughout the set, only moving your lower arm.
Reps and Sets:
For beginners, start with 8-10 reps for 1-2 sets of concentration curls. As you progress and become adept, increase your reps and sets. However, avoid over training your biceps. Only train your Biceps once per week for optimal results.
Consider your entire program and keep your overall volume for biceps a little lower than for other larger muscle groups like your back and legs.