This kale soup offers many benefits to you, if you are open-minded and committed to your health, and therefore ready to omit Italian sausage and generous amounts of fat from the recipe.
This soup can be made with chicken broth, but I always make it with vegetable broth to keep it plant-based, low fat, and vegan.
It doesn’t matter whether you are vegan or not – you get the health benefits, and you get to prepare your healthy, delicious, comforting meal quickly.
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
This soup is very versatile:
If you are on the cabbage soup diet, remember that kale is from the cabbage family. This soup is a nice variation of a cabbage soup for you.
If you are on the bodybuilding or weight loss program, this is a low calorie high protein meal for you.
If your family insists on a non-vegetarian meal, cook an Italian sausage separately, chop it, and add to the individual bowls. You can also add chicken or turkey, remained from the dinner, into it.
Kale Soup Recipe With White Beans
- 4 cups chopped raw kale
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans ( 15 ounces or 420g) of white or navy beans, drained
- 5 cups (1 liter) of vegetable broth or 5 cups of water and two boullion cubes
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped (canned plum tomatoes is a quick and inexpensive choice)
- 2 tsp of dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt or seasoning blend to taste
- Heat olive oil in the pot or pan, add onions, carrot and garlic and cook intil soft
- Add kale and saute until it becomes bright
- Add everything else but parsley, 2 cups of broth and 1 can of beans. If you use bouillion cubes, add both of them. I recommend adding boiled water, but cold is fine too, just takes longer to cook. Let the soup boil for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain a can of beans, place them into the food processor with 2 cups of broth( or water). Blend until smooth.
- Add the content of your food processor to the soup, mix well, and let it simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with parsley.