This will make 4 burgers. (low fat turkey burger)
The problem sometimes with lean and extra-lean ground meats is that they can yield a dry burger.
This needn’t be the case if you add moistening ingredients and don’t overcook them.
My skeptical husband was impressed at the moistness of these low-fat turkey burgers.
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 slice bread made into breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- Gently combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Divide mixture into four and form four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Grill turkey burgers for 5-6 minutes per side, to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Calories 203, Calories from Fat 23, Total Fat 2.6g (sat 0.1g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 399mg, Carbohydrate 14.9g, Fiber 1.6g, Protein 30g