Muscle Groups worked:
This is a great exercise if you want to achieve the “pump” it is perfect if your a beginner or even an expert.
It is a fantastic exercise if your trying to gain strength and is also a great compound exercise!
Doing a pull day? This exercise is perfect for you!
Seated Cable Row targets the middle of your back and its great for strength and sculpting. The Biceps, Lats and shoulders are also worked when doing this great exercise!
- Set the appropriate weight on the weight stack and attach a close grip bar or V-bar to the seated row machine.
- Grasp the bar with a neutral grip (palms facing in).
- Keeping your legs slightly bent and your back straight, pull the weight up slightly off the stack. You should be sitting straight upright with your shoulders back. This is the starting position.
- Keeping your body in position, pull the handle into your stomach.
- Pull your shoulder blades back, squeeze, pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Seated Cable Row Tips:
Your back must remain straight at all times. Your torso should be kept still throughout the entire set.
Don’t let your shoulders hunch over when your arms are extended.
Use the back muscles to move the weight – do not lean forward and use momentum to swing the weight back.
Pausing and squeezing at the top of the movement for a 1-2 count will increase intensity and results.
Reps and Sets:
For beginners, start with 8-10 reps for 1-2 sets of Seated Cable Row. As you progress and become adept, increase your reps and sets.
However, avoid over training your back. You can increase the volume for your back.
Consider your entire program and keep your overall volume for back a little higher than for other smaller muscle groups like your chest and shoulders.